You may be aware that in 2016 Ridgeford Developments Ltd (RDL) as Development Manager for Moxon Street Residential (MSR) secured planning consent from Westminster City Council for the development of the Moxon Street Car Park site (map of site at the bottom of this page), to provide new residential, retail and community space. You can view details of the planning application and consent here, and the proposals as presented at our public exhibition can be downloaded here.
Ridgeford Developments are now known as Concord London, and have appointed contractors who are undertaking various preparatory investigations on and around the site. This website will provide you with details of the target construction programme and any upcoming activities which may be of interest to neighbours.
We are currently holding regular meetings of a Community Liaison Group (CLG). If you would like to be added to an email database so that you receive details of future meetings, as well as regular updates, please contact our communications advisors, Four Communications, who will be running the CLG, on:
Tel: 020 3697 4325
The minutes from previous CLG meetings can be downloaded here:
- CLG meeting #1 – July 2017
- CLG meeting #2 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #3 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #4 – January 2018
- CLG meeting #5 – March 2018
- CLG meeting #6 – June 2018
- CLG meeting #7 – July 2018
- CLG meeting #8 – August 2018
- CLG meeting #9 – September 2018
Working on site
Kier have been appointed as the main contractor for the works on site.
All work on site will be carried out in accordance with Westminster City Council’s (WCC) Code of Construction Practice, details of which can be viewed here. The site will be registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
As part of these agreements, our contractors’ working hours will be restricted to WCC’s standard working hours. These are:
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
- 0800 – 1300 on Saturday
- No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays
Noisy works (e.g. demolition, piling and earthworks):
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
There may be occasions where activities have to occur outside of these times. Should this be necessary, agreement will be sought from WCC and all neighbours will be appropriately advised.
The construction activities will be carried out in accordance with a Site Environmental Management Plan (SEMP), which can be viewed here.
- Groundwater monitoring, started in June 2017, has now been completed.
- A specialist contractor has excavated slit trenches in the pavements and roads around the site to identify exact locations of utilities and services.
- The Museum of London Archaeology (MOLA) undertook an archaeological dig on site.
- Electrical and telecoms cabling pavement/carriageways on Moxon Street, Aybrook Street, Cramer Street and St Vincent’s Street has been diverted. Following this, works were undertaken to dig out and stabilise the pavement vaults on the roads surrounding the site, to create a stable base from which piling of the basement walls can start.
The confirmed dates for construction work to begin on site are as follows:
- 31st October 2018 – Car park closes to the public
- 1st to 30th November 2018 – Disconnections of power & water utilities on site, and removal of street furniture
- 1st December 2018 – Commencement of Enabling Works: Installation of site cabins and temporary perimeter hoarding (heras fence), removal of car park tarmac, barriers and pavement vaults
The video below by the contractor, Kier, shows the proposed consequence sequence.
|Groundwater monitoring within site:||June 2017- July 2017|
|Slit Trench Investigations:||July 2017 – September 2017|
|Service diversions:||February 2018 – September 2018|
|Site preparation:||June 2018 – November 2018|
|Construction start:||December 2018|