In 2016 Ridgeford Developments Ltd (RDL) as Development Manager for Moxon Street Residential (MSR) secured planning consent from Westminster City Council for the development of the Moxon Street Car Park site (map of site at the bottom of this page), to provide new residential, retail and community space. You can view details of the planning application and consent here, and the proposals as presented at our public exhibition can be downloaded here.
Ridgeford Developments are now known as Concord London, and have appointed contractors who are undertaking various preparatory investigations on and around the site. This website will provide you with details of the target construction programme and any upcoming activities which may be of interest to neighbours.
We are currently holding regular meetings of a Community Liaison Group (CLG). If you would like to be added to an email database so that you receive details of future meetings, as well as regular updates, please contact our communications advisors, Four Communications, who are running the CLG, on:
Tel: 020 3697 4325
The minutes from previous CLG meetings can be downloaded here:
- CLG meeting #1 – July 2017
- CLG meeting #2 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #3 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #4 – January 2018
- CLG meeting #5 – March 2018
- CLG meeting #6 – June 2018
- CLG meeting #7 – July 2018
- CLG meeting #8 – August 2018
- CLG meeting #9 – September 2018
- CLG meeting #10 – November 2018
- CLG meeting #11 – December 2018
- CLG meeting #12 – January 2019
All project newsletters sent to neighbours can be downloaded here:
Working on site
All work on site is being carried out in accordance with Westminster City Council’s (WCC) Code of Construction Practice, details of which can be viewed here. The site is registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
As part of these agreements, our contractors’ working hours are restricted to WCC’s standard working hours. These are:
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
- 0800 – 1300 on Saturday
- No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays
Noisy works (e.g. demolition, piling and earthworks):
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
There may be occasions where activities have to occur outside of these times. Should this be necessary, agreement will be sought from WCC and all neighbours will be appropriately advised.
Preparatory works commenced on site in December 2018. Works completed so far include:
- Excavation of slit trenches in the pavements and roads around the site to identify exact locations of utilities and services
- Closure of the car park to public vehicles at the end of October. Please note that the London Farmer’s Market will continue to operate every Sunday but will be located on Aybrook Street from this time
- Surveys of the pavement vaults around the perimeter of the site (these are the vaults associated with the terraced housing that used to occupy the site)
- Installation of a temporary hoarding around the site
- Disconnection and removal of the street lighting adjacent to the site and its replacement with lighting on the temporary hoarding
- Installation of welfare cabins on site
Upcoming activities in 2020
Thames Water will be undertaking works to relocate a fire hydrant on Moxon Street in January 2020. This will involve a strip of the road being dug up on Moxon Street, at the northern end of Aybrook Street.
Vehicles will therefore be unable to access Moxon Street from Aybrook Street whilst the works are taking place for one week in January. Vehicles attempting to access Moxon Street from Blandford Street will be redirected to use Marylebone High Street. Likewise, vehicles moving south on Ashland Place will be redirected via Ossington Buildings in order to access Moxon Street.
The works will start on Monday 20th January and will last for seven days until Sunday 26th January.
It is likely that works will get underway on site at Moxon Street Car Park in Q2 2020. We will provide a further update in due course with more accurate timings.