In 2016 Ridgeford Developments Ltd (RDL) as Development Manager for Moxon Street Residential (MSR) secured planning consent from Westminster City Council for the development of the Moxon Street Car Park site (map of site at the bottom of this page), to provide new residential, retail and community space: Marylebone Square. You can view details of the planning application and consent here, and the proposals as presented at our public exhibition can be downloaded here.
Ridgeford Developments are now known as Concord London, and have appointed contractors who are undertaking various preparatory investigations on and around the site. This website will provide you with details of the target construction programme and any upcoming activities which may be of interest to neighbours.
We are currently holding regular meetings of a Community Liaison Group (CLG). If you would like to be added to an email database so that you receive details of future meetings, as well as regular updates, please contact our communications advisors, Four Communications, who are running the CLG, on:
Tel: 07342 031143
The minutes from previous CLG meetings can be downloaded here:
- CLG meeting #1 – July 2017
- CLG meeting #2 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #3 – August 2017
- CLG meeting #4 – January 2018
- CLG meeting #5 – March 2018
- CLG meeting #6 – June 2018
- CLG meeting #7 – July 2018
- CLG meeting #8 – August 2018
- CLG meeting #9 – September 2018
- CLG meeting #10 – November 2018
- CLG meeting #11 – December 2018
- CLG meeting #12 – January 2019
- CLG meeting #13 – August 2020
- CLG meeting #14 – October 2020
- CLG meeting #15 – November 2020
- CLG meeting #16 – December 2020
- CLG meeting #17 – January 2021
All project newsletters sent to neighbours can be downloaded here:
- Newsletter #1 – August 2018
- Newsletter #2 – November 2018
- Newsletter #3 – February 2019
- Newsletter #4 – October 2020
- Newsletter #5 – November 2020
- Newsletter #6 – December 2020
- Newsletter #7 – January 2021
- Newsletter #8 – February 2021
Working on site
All work on site is being carried out in accordance with Westminster City Council’s (WCC) Code of Construction Practice, details of which can be viewed here. The site is registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
As part of these agreements, our contractors’ working hours are restricted to WCC’s standard working hours. These are:
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
- 0800 – 1300 on Saturday
- No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays
Noisy works (e.g. demolition, piling and earthworks):
- 0800 – 1800 on weekdays
There may be occasions where activities have to occur outside of these times. Should this be necessary, agreement will be sought from WCC and all neighbours will be appropriately advised.
Preparatory works commenced on site in December 2018. Works completed so far include:
- Excavation of slit trenches in the pavements and roads around the site to identify exact locations of utilities and services
- Closure of the car park to public vehicles at the end of October. Please note that the London Farmer’s Market will continue to operate every Sunday but will be located on Aybrook Street from this time
- Surveys of the pavement vaults around the perimeter of the site (these are the vaults associated with the terraced housing that used to occupy the site)
- Installation of a temporary hoarding around the site
- Disconnection and removal of the street lighting adjacent to the site and its replacement with lighting on the temporary hoarding
- Installation of welfare cabins on site
- From Monday 20th to Sunday 26th January 2020, works took place to relocate a fire hydrant on Moxon Street. Vehicle access to Moxon Street from Aybrook Street was suspended during this period. Vehicles attempting to access Moxon Street from Blandford Street were redirected to use Marylebone High Street. Likewise, vehicles moving south on Ashland Place were redirected via Ossington Buildings in order to access Moxon Street.
- Works picked up again in the Autumn of 2020 with installation of king posts around the perimeter and installation of piles and capping beams to allow basement works to commence. Initial activity commenced along St Vincent Street on 26.10.2020 with full works commencing from 09.11.2020.
Upcoming activities in 2021
The next CLG meeting is yet to be confirmed but will take place via zoom and be an opportunity to hear and query the next stage of the works. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm interest.